THURSDAY 14TH - SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER 2019 - NEC, BIRMINGHAM
1. INTRODUCTION & GENERAL TERMS
In order to provide you with the full range of Orchard Events Ltd services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information Orchard Events Ltd may collect about you;
- how Orchard Events Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- when Orchard Events Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- whether Orchard Events Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- your rights as a data subject
2. WHO ARE WE?
Orchard Events Ltd is an experienced event company. Orchard Events Ltd markets the event Festive Gift Fair and is the data controller for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Orchard Events Ltd can be contacted at Pond House, 1 Priory Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3DQ.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WILL THE ORCHARD EVENTS LTD COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Orchard Events Ltd’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, booking, signups or use the Orchard Events Ltd online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
4. HOW WILL ORCHARD EVENTS LTD USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
Orchard Events Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- your postcode will only be used to ensure any local marketing is targeted appropriately. It will not be used to identify you.
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Orchard Events Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the products, service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Orchard Events Ltd may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
5. WHEN WILL ORCHARD EVENTS LTD CONTACT ME?
Orchard Events Ltd may contact you:
- in relation to any product, service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Orchard Events Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Orchard Events Ltd, e.g. on social media or via text or voicemail message;
- and for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below) local pages will give you detailed information about how Orchard Events Ltd will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
6. WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
Orchard Events Ltd will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this or if you have purchased from us where you haven’t specifically opted out.
7. WILL ORCHARD EVENTS LTD SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Orchard Events Ltd. However, sometimes Orchard Events Ltd uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Orchard Events Ltd requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Orchard Events Ltd requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Orchard Events Ltd. Parent/Guardian consent should be forwarded to Orchard Events Ltd Limited by emailing email@example.com. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. HOW LONG WILL THE ORCHARD EVENTS LTD KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the Orchard Events Ltd. If you have purchased an item from us this will be a maximum of 6 years from the point of your last purchase with Orchard Events Ltd.
If you cancel your registration or request to be removed from the Orchard Events Ltd website as a member/customer, your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and Orchard Events Ltd cannot use the personal information. The record will remain on our system for 6 years as is required by HMRC if you have purchased products from us alternatively it will stay on the system for a period of six months for administration purposes before being deleted.
10. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF MY PERSONAL DATA?
Orchard Events Ltd may process your personal data:
- In accordance with your express consent given under the section below titled "Consent".
- Where such processing as is necessary in order to perform any agreement between us or comply with any legal obligation.
- Where such processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or third parties. These legitimate interests include those identified under the section above entitled "How is my personal data used?" as well as:
- Our internal administrative purposes;
- Providing you with our products and services, including the Online Services;
- Personalizing content we send you; and
- Where you may have a reasonable expectation that we will process your personal data for a particular purpose (such as if and when you enter into a competition).
11. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ORCHARD EVENTS LTD HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Orchard Events Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
In line with the new requirements of the GDPR you have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- the right to request a copy of your personal data held by us;
- the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by us;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data;
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data (as set out in the GDPR);
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation;
- the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data by us; and
You may withdraw your consent given under this section at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.